No Cancer RP
GUCC's Staff App <3 - Printable Version

+- No Cancer RP (https://www.nocancerrp.com/Forums)
+-- Forum: Official Documents (https://www.nocancerrp.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://www.nocancerrp.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: GUCC's Staff App <3 (/showthread.php?tid=2042)

GUCC's Staff App <3 - GUCC - 08-15-2020

What is your steamid?
STEAM_0:1:503912137
What is your discord @ ?
GUCC#3961
How many hours do you have on No Cancer RP?
80hrs
Do you have a working mic in-game?
Yes
How old are you?
Have you ever been staff on a gmod server before?
I have some experience staffing on a very small server roughly 4 years ago which helped lay foundational information on how to handle sits even with the most uncooperative of players yet I would definitely need a refresh on commands.
If you answered yes to the last one, which server and what rank?
I was Head Moderator on a very unpopulated server named SCC Darkrp. (The server seems to be no longer running and since I don't currently have a way to contact the owner I would consider it fair if anyone reviewing this application chose to just say I have no experience since I don't currently see any way to prove it)
What special skills do you posses that will make you more qualified than the other applicants?
I possess the ability to switch how I act to fit the environment I find myself in. I see this as a very important skill to have when staffing due to the fact that if I bring a player who was accused of breaking a rule into a sit, chances are that I will already have interacted with them at some point. This sense of familiarity can lead to a much smoother and quicker sit overall. I also believe I can make judgments aligned with server rules when interacting with a player during a sit due to my familiarity with No Cancer RP and experience watching sits go down with current staff.
Do you have experience with SAM?
I don't have much experience but I'm more than willing to learn.

Do you have any other significant commitments? (such as a job or school)
Starting August 17th I will be attending online classes Monday-Friday 12:00pm-5:00pm (Note that due to various uncertainties in my school district due to COVID-19, the hours of my school day might be subject to change)
What times EST(server time) can you be active on an average day?
6:00pm to ~12:00am Mon-Fri 
~1:00pm to ~10:00pm Sat-Sun
(EST)
Scenario

Player A, a new player RDM's a returning player, Player B. Player B calls for a sit. After teleporting them to a sit room, what do you do?
Since this sit was called by Player B, I ask them to recount the situation in which the alleged RDM occurred. I then let player A speak and subsequently ask them for their reasoning behind the death of Player B. If Player A's reasoning is justified by current server rules I would check logs to try to corroborate Player A's story, if the logs don't match I will have proven that this person is lying, causing me to warn them for the original accusation of RDM. If the logs back up Player A's story, I will have concluded that the killing was allowed by server rules. I will ask if anyone has anything else to add and if not I will return both of the players
(It is also very important to realize the difference in each player's trustworthiness during a sit. I will account for various factors such how long each person has played on No Cancer RP , any prior rule breaking, etc.)

Player A claims Player B is propblocking, but you do not see any props. What do you do?
I would check logs to see if Player B had spawned and deleted any props recently (paying more attention to any props that are at lest large enough to block a single doorway). If I find that player B recently deleted a suspicious prop recently, I will ask them for an explanation. If said explanation is unable to reasonably explain the prop I will warn them for Prop Blocking. I will then cloak myself and watch Player B for any other actions that break server rules.

10+ People are all saying the same person is massrdming, but in the logs you only see he killed one person. What do you do?
I jail to person accused of massrdm due to precaution, I then check damage logs for any damage done to a large amount of players. If I see a large amount damage done to a variety of players I ask the jailed player if they would like to try to explain, if the answer is unable to properly explain their actions I give them a 1 week ban. If I find that the 10+ players were incorrect I would verbally warn them not to create false reports.

A player calls you a shit admin, he also claims he has proof against you and threatens to report you on the forums. What do you do
I would link the proper No Cancer RP forums in chat and tell them to create a report if they felt it was necessary. 

RE: GUCC's Staff App <3 - cat! - 08-16-2020

+Rep
Fun to RP with
Very down to earth
Good playtime
Good app

RE: GUCC's Staff App <3 - NCRP nofears - 08-16-2020

+rep decent app
+rep minge

RE: GUCC's Staff App <3 - NCRP Smile ツ - 08-16-2020

+rep pretty active
+rep haven't had any problems with you