No Cancer RP
epic server

Poll: Is this doo doo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'd like to see this ingame
100.00%
5 100.00%
I'd never use it because I'm a big dumb dumb
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Chess and Checkers
Kazma ツ Offline
Wink 
Addonhttps://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/23

Why I think this should be in the game

I've played on multiple servers that have had this addon and It has been a lot of fun in the past. Not only is it an additional way to gamble and wager money (which our community loves doing). Its a game of skill to earn your money that can't be played unfairly.
Also this addon was released in 2014 and its still getting updates. Smile (Last update was 9 days ago)

The addon is semi-popular (685 Purchases, 38.5K Views)

Possible Event?

It could possibly be a little boring due to long game time however maybe as a sub event or mini event when the server is popping and there is no event scheduled they could do chess tournament.

Features
All standard piece movement rules
Captured pieces move to the side of the board, so it is easy to count up
The board will highlight your currently selected square
The board will highlight all positions your currently selected piece can move, even if you select an enemy to piece to see their moves
Chess
[Chess] Castling rules are implemented
[Chess] Pawn promotion is implemented
[Chess] En passant is implemented
[Chess] Fifty-move rule. If in the last 50 moves there were no captures or pawn moves, either player may declare a draw
[Chess] Threefold repetition rule. If the same board position occurs three times, either player can declare a draw
[Chess] Stalemate rules. If a player cannot move when it is his turn, but is not in check, the game is a draw
[Chess] Insufficient material rules. If neither player has the materials to checkmate, the game is a draw
[Chess] Movement restrictions during check. You cannot make a move if it leaves you in check, or puts you in check
[Chess] Game is over at checkmate. That is, it's a players turn to move, they are in check, and have no valid moves
Draughts
[Draughts] Game is over when you capture all enemy pieces, or they have no valid moves
[Draughts] Moving a piece to the end of the board promotes it to a king. Kings can move backwards
[Draughts] If a player can capture a piece, they must
[Draughts] Multi-jump rules implemented
[DarkRP] Wagering system! You can bet against your opponent. Bets can be of any amount so long as both parties have enough money to participate.
HatsChat2 integration: If you have HatsChat2 installed, game messages will have an extra icon!

How does the rating system work?
The game boards use an Elo system, meaning the score earned or lost for a game depends on the difference in rating of the two players. Win against someone higher than you to earn more score.

What rules are enforced in Chess?
All standard rules should be enforced properly. Notable rules include: Piece move rules; Capture rules; Check and Checkmate rules; Promotion rules; En Passant rule; Castling rules; Stalemate and Draw conditions.

What rules set does Draughts/Checkers use?
The draughts/checkers board uses standard British Draughts/American Checkers rules. The notable features of this rule set are: 8x8 board; If you can capture, you must; No "flying kings".

Is there any way to move the camera while playing?
Holding alt will enable "Free look" mode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That British Lad, Kazma

Cool

brined cucumber Offline
add or be gay af
Jr. Mod
Rules Committee

Shotplus21 #RustyPot Offline
I want

NCRP Inquisition Offline
Better than shitty prop chess I agree should be added