No Cancer RP
epic server

Police Department - Handcuff Changes
Haze_of_dream Offline
Two Major problems with the handcuffs:

1) The 2 minute cool down of the cuffs between arrest is seriously discouraging of arresting before killing, also, If a Police has a legitimate reason for an arrest, he shouldn't be discouraged because of this.

2) The arrest timer of a second should be reduced to 0.5 seconds or removed entirely, It's VERY hard to handcuff someone unless their oblivious or know you are their when It takes a solid second or two for the cuffs to actually take effect. Either that or the handcuffs shouldn't be required for an arrest, and the handcuffs can just be made as a detaining tool.

[NCRP] Cart Offline
2 things. Idk where you got a 2-minute cooldown for cuffing people from, but whatever. Second thing, have you ever seen a police officer take someone into custody without handcuffing them beforehand?
I am a Admin on No-Cancer RP.

$wagson Offline
Just an arrest baton is really really broken for obvious reasons. Definitely not removing them as a requirement for an arrest. Maybe you can advert warns for people to stop resisting and after 3 you can kill them. That could be a viable system.
I'm the owner... What else would I put in my signature... kek
Check out some cheaters that were banned in the Cheater Hall of Shame. Smile      
Follow my Instagram.
   
Join my Discord.
   
Join The No Cancer RP Discord for updates and more.

Kazma ツ Offline
(07-03-2020, 08:38 PM)Haze_of_dream Wrote: Two Major problems with the handcuffs:

1) The 2 minute cool down of the cuffs between arrest is seriously discouraging of arresting before killing, also, If a Police has a legitimate reason for an arrest, he shouldn't be discouraged because of this.

2) The arrest timer of a second should be reduced to 0.5 seconds or removed entirely, It's VERY hard to handcuff someone unless their oblivious or know you are their when It takes a solid second or two for the cuffs to actually take effect. Either that or the handcuffs shouldn't be required for an arrest, and the handcuffs can just be made as a detaining tool.

"It's VERY hard to handcuff someone unless their oblivious or know you are their when It takes a solid second or two for the cuffs to actually take effect."

- I personally have no problem restraining people however I could understand some difficulty in arresting players who have recently committed
 crimes and have been warranted as could potentially already be on the move. If players resist arrest you have a valid reason to kill them. 
  • An attempted arrest is after you hear the handcuffs/see part of the handcuff bar; after that, they may be killed.   - from MOTD
That British Lad, Kazma

Cool

Haze_of_dream Offline
(07-03-2020, 09:31 PM)[NCRP] Cart Wrote: 2 things. Idk where you got a 2-minute cooldown for cuffing people from, but whatever. Second thing, have you ever seen a police officer take someone into custody without handcuffing them beforehand?

First off, It's a physical addon cooldown, After restraining somebody, There's a timer before you can cuff someone else.

Second off, This isn't real life, It's a roleplay server, If you want to see that shit, Go play PoliceRP.

(07-03-2020, 09:31 PM)NiggaCat Wrote: Just an arrest baton is really really broken for obvious reasons. Definitely not removing them as a requirement for an arrest. Maybe you can advert warns for people to stop resisting and after 3 you can kill them. That could be a viable system.

No and No. The default baton is actually very glitchy when it comes to arresting moving players, Somewhat hard to pull off against an armed user.

And no, Advert to kill is an even worse fix.

(07-03-2020, 10:57 PM)NCRP | Kazma ツ Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 08:38 PM)Haze_of_dream Wrote: Two Major problems with the handcuffs:

- I personally have no problem restraining people however I could understand some difficulty in arresting players who have recently committed[/size][size=small] crimes and have been warranted as could potentially already be on the move. If players resist arrest you have a valid reason to kill them. 

True, but when you have to pray that they are dumb enough to stand still. It becomes a game of 'whos gonna stop caring first' rather than an actual run from the police situation.

[NCRP] Cart Offline
Ok idk why you're being an asshole with that snippy response but I hope you do realize that you said this is a roleplay server and that I should go play policerp although both are roleplaying lmfao. handcuff cooldown is easy fix.
I am a Admin on No-Cancer RP.

Haze_of_dream Offline
(07-04-2020, 01:50 AM)[NCRP] Cart Wrote: Ok idk why you're being an asshole with that snippy response but I hope you do realize that you said this is a roleplay server and that I should go play policerp although both are roleplaying lmfao. handcuff cooldown is easy fix.

Mate, Anyone would be that aggressive if you ignore their points and instead give a reply that generally translates to "You don't know what you're talking about" and "that doesn't realistically happen" on a gamemode that isn't supposed to make sense in It's intention.