No Cancer RP
Application for Staff Member - Printable Version

+- No Cancer RP (https://www.nocancerrp.com/Forums)
+-- Forum: Official Documents (https://www.nocancerrp.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://www.nocancerrp.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Application for Staff Member (/showthread.php?tid=2046)

Application for Staff Member - Turtalia - 08-20-2020

Information

What is your steamid?
STEAM_0:1:452450861

What is your discord @?
Turtalia#1211

How many hours do you have on No Cancer RP?
22 hours

Do you have a working mic in-game?
Yes

How old are you?

Have you ever been staff on a Gmod server before?
Yes, I was a moderator for the Wolven Territory server until they shut it down due to personal reasons.

If you answered yes to the last one, which server and what rank?
Wolven Territory

What special skills do you possess that will make you more qualified than the other applicants?
I am always willing to see things from both sides of an argument and have actual training on how to end arguments quickly and in the most pain-free manner as possible.

Do you have experience with SAM?
I was trained to use it as a moderator back in Wolven.

Do you have any other significant commitments? (such as a job or school)
I have online classes but they shouldn't interfere too much.
Stock trading won't get in the way.

What times EST(server time) can you be active on an average day?
10:00am - 2:00pm
11:30pm - 3:30am

Scenario

Player A, a new player RDM's a returning player, Player B. Player B calls for a sit. After teleporting them to a sit room, what do you do?
First I make sure to explain to everyone why they are here and what Player A is being accused of. 
I will then ask Player B to describe what happened from his point of view and after he is finished I will ask Player A what happened from their perspective.
If Player A denies killing Player B I will check logs to see if A is telling the truth.
If he is not and the explanation doesn't satisfy me then I will jail Player A for 5 minutes for RDMing and instruct him to read the MOTD while he waits.

Player A claims Player B is propblocking, but you do not see any props. What do you do?
First, I would ask Player A where the props are that are blocking the location.
Then, if there are invisible props try to see whose props there and bring Player B over and have them delete the props.
Inform them that doing it again will result in a warning, jail time, or a kick.
If the props are no longer there, inform Player A to message me if and when he/she is being prop blocked again to try and catch the person.

10+ People are all saying the same person is massrdming, but in the logs you only see he killed one person. What do you do?
First, I would bring the accused player to a remote location and freeze them.
I would then tell the player what he/she is being accused of and proceed to check through the logs to see who the player has been damaging.
Even though they might have only killed one person, damaging people for no reason still constitutes as RDM especially if they are spraying bullets into a crowd of people or planting bombs nearby without adverting.
I might also bring 1 or 2 players in as well to just get the full story from them as well.
If I believe to have sufficient evidence that the player was massrdming then (depending on the server's policy for massrdming) ban the player for a week to a month.

A player calls you a shit admin, he also claims he has proof against you and threatens to report you on the forums. What do you do?

When being confronted by another player for something like this, it is always best to take a calm approach.
Take their claims seriously even if you know they are wrong.
Inform the player on where they can submit the evidence that they have along with who will take a look into the claims and how quickly they can expect to be contacted about their report.

RE: Application for Staff Member - Kazma - 08-20-2020

You need 20 hours minimum on the server before applying for staff.

RE: Application for Staff Member - Turtalia - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 08:00 PM)NCRP | Kazma ツ Wrote: You need 20 hours minimum on the server before applying for staff.
Like I said in my application, I do have it now. Granted not during the initial post.

I am curious though. I have been looking through the other staff applications and I have seen some replies saying that people with 70 hours were too low for their liking.
Might I ask how many hours are preferred before even applying for staff?

RE: Application for Staff Member - Kazma - 08-20-2020

It says 20 hours when u apply for staff as shown in the attached screenshot

RE: Application for Staff Member - Turtalia - 08-21-2020

(08-20-2020, 09:56 PM)NCRP | Kazma ツ Wrote: It says 20 hours when u apply for staff as shown in the attached screenshot
Do you want a whole new application now?

RE: Application for Staff Member - NCRP RengarMain - 08-21-2020

+rep have seen him on and have interacted with him. very nice person.
+rep has experience
+rep all scenarios are in-depth and well thought out

RE: Application for Staff Member - NCRP EchoBallsHD - 09-02-2020

yes