No Cancer RP
epic server

Addition of Cars to the Server
Vladimir Lenin Offline
Right here we go:

I think that cars would be a great addition to the server. An example of how it could work:
The gas station on the far side of the map would be a perfect place to set it up. I once played on a server where an NPC was outside the gas station, and by interacting with him one could look at and buy cars. These purchases were permanent, and one could spawn a vehicle in another section of the interactive menu when talking with the NPC. The cars could be despawned in the same fashion, but they needed to be a certain distance from the NPC, to prevent one from merely despawning a car if it were to be stolen. A mod like the one seen here

https://gmod.facepunch.com/f/gmodaddon/j...-Dealer/1/

could work admirably, but it appears that it is no longer supported, and thus might not work as intended or at all. Regardless, there are doubtless others like it that would serve.

This one could be another option:

https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/1945

The concept of a player being a car dealer is to me an unfavorable one, and I believe it would be better to have these cars be permanent and NPC-interaction based, like the two shown above.

These cars should be quite high priced if implemented, to encourage players to work their money up for something other than just printers or bitcoin miners. The current system doesn't really seem to encourage diligence in the earning or collecting of money. There isn't too much to truly work for, and so players just find the experience relatively shallow and find their fun and interest in breaking rules rather than working towards a prestigious goal.

That of course is my personal opinion, but either way I think that cars would be an awesome overall addition to the server. It could be a challenge to implement, but I hope that it can be done.

Hail to the Proletariat,
Vladimir Lenin

Alpaps Offline
which car mod is it is it the one where cars go through people or the one where if someone gets run over they die
I'm just alpaps plain old  |NC|RP| Alpaps

|NC|RP| Aws0me Offline
Owner
(02-25-2018, 07:31 PM)|NC|RP|  Alpaps Wrote: which car mod is it is it the one where cars go through people or the one where if someone gets run over they die

It's the same addon. You can configure it.
owner guy

Check out my YouTube and Twitch if you want.

Join The No Cancer RP Discord for updates and more.

Steve Cow Offline
Cars can be useful, but on a small map they are just make the server seem overcrowded. Cars also can cause lots of lag to people with under performing computers. They are just loud and cause lots of problems on small maps. I personally would not recommend them.

|NC|RP| Aws0me Offline
Owner
^
owner guy

Check out my YouTube and Twitch if you want.

Join The No Cancer RP Discord for updates and more.