No Cancer RP
epic server

make sure the staff know the motd
spooky tf2 Offline
this one may seem a little bit ridiculous but I find myself knowing a little bit more about the motd than most of the staff I talk to. and if I lost even been falsely worn because they didn't know the motd warned. it also seems that staff seem to be making up rules sometimes. like when a staff member said I had to explicitly say that Bitcoin was legal for me to have Bitcoin miners in the PD. or have to advert weapon search before weapon searching someone even though a staff member had told me an hour before and a different said that it was perfectly fine to weapon check people whenever and I couldn't find anything about it in the motd. anyways I'm not sure if the motd needs to be updated or what's happening with that

Kicker™ NCRP Offline
Not everything is listed in MOTD as a large majority of people barely read it so even if we make it more detailed it will sometimes be harder for us to quickly look through or to remember everything. Now to what you said for someone saying you have to advert weaponchecks that is completely false things that need to be adverted are listed in motd. So if it not there it does not need to be adverted. Now that doesn't apply for EVERYTHING. I do wish that it was somewhere were other staff can add to a list to make things more detailed so everyone is understanding the rules properly. As I have heard in the past that "this is the only server that I can get 3 different answers about a rule from 3 staff members". I do constantly bring up in our meetings that if you are unsure or don't know something ask a higher up as we would understand the rules a bit more in detail as we have been around slightly longer and we may just know from experience. I am constantly asking other staff members for a second opinion or an answer. We do help each other but if you don't ask you may never find out. I also do agree recently I have been noticing that some staff like to make up their own rules from time to time and it makes life harder for those who know the rules in depth.
Different Breed of Admin
Having issues with staff? Please fill out a Player Report so either myself or another staff member can deal with the situation!
Sr. Admin|Management|Rules Committee|Staff Trainer
Need help? Reach out @Storm8877

spooky tf2 Offline
thanks for the extra info I really appreciate it