No Cancer RP
epic server

Server Rule Revisions #1
Larry Newman Offline
There are a few specific points on the rules page that could be revised/edited, and here are the few that should be changed:

Rules to be changed:
  • "If your base is being raided you may not return to your base until it is over." - Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is basically saying that if I see a bunch of people breaking into my base, I'm not allowed to come up behind them and shoot them? It's understandable if it's after them killing me to where I'd have to wait to come back to my base, but it's literal meaning is that if someone is raiding you can't defend if you're not already in your base. This rule should be removed. There's already another rule in the General Section of the MOTD that states "NLR applies to raids and pd raids if you are killed in either you may not return."
  • "[b]If someone is past your first fading door without permission it is considered tresspassing or raiding, therefore you have the right to kill them." - You could ask what the confusion is about, it's very straightforward, but if you don't have a KOS sign, they have to be past your first fading door before you can take any action whatsoever. This should be changed to "If someone is inside of a building you own without permission, and it can be reasonably believed that they are attempting to break in, you have the right to kill them." I was scolded a few days ago because I killed someone that was cracking one of my keypads because he wasn't 'past the first fading door.'[/b]
  • "You may not FDA(fading door abuse)" - Add this extra section onto this rule: "...this includes running in or out of your base during a raid through an E2 door or a fading door without a button or keypad.
  • "[b]Max fading doors is 10" - This is just way too much. I've never actually seen a server where this was allowed. This gives WAY too much advantage to the people defending their bases. It would be a good idea to limit this to maybe 3 for the entrance and 1-2 for a safe. If you put 10 fading doors all in the entrance, then it gives the raiders no chance to get inside and be able to actually move about. Even then, 5 fading doors in total is still a huge number. The first time I thought about this, I concluded that the only people that can actually raid a base are donators with pro keypad crackers. Even after a camera, an E2 security system and an alarm, super vip jobs can just fly through all of the doors with ease, while normal players are stuck spending 20 seconds on a single keypad, only to find out that the defender 'conveniently' walked back to their base to find someone trying to break in. [/b]
  • "All KOS signs must specify a location or have a line(for example: "KOS past line" or "KOS past this sign")" - There's nothing wrong with this rule, other than the fact that I've seen people put KOS lines halfway into the street and staff members overlook it. It would be a good idea to limit the boundaries of their KOS lines to being in a reasonable entrance to their property. The sidewalk is a public pathway and should not be obstructed by a kill line. Some warehouses have a fence line outside of the main building; this is a good example of where the maximum boundary should be for a kill line. 

Rule Clarification:
  • I was scolded the other day for building in the PD without a mayor. "If the mayor does not agree with the PD base, you must remove it." This is the only thing in the MOTD that centers around building in the police department. I'm just curious if there HAS to be a mayor to build in the PD at all, or if we can, lets say, defend against waves of gang members spraying bullets through the windows and lockpicking doors in under 5 seconds with even just a simple keypadded fading door. 

Rule Removal:
  • Adverting crimes: Requiring players to advertise crimes throws off the balance of law enforcement/criminals. It keeps an element of surprise to the game if players don't have a heads up when their things may be stolen. There are certain events that should require an advert, specifically: Terror and Gang Wars. Both of these events would realistically be known to the general public while they're happening. As far as PD raids and such go, the first indication of such an ordeal should be a formal order from the government to stay back from the crime in progress. 
  • Cooldowns: The only one that's disagreeable for me is the one about raiding any base. If you break into a base and take all of their things, why can't you run to someone else's base and do the same immediately? I mentioned in another post that pretty much every base that's ever built on this server is strategically skewed to benefit the person who's defending. The only limitation of raiding should really just be NLR (With an exception to the PD which actually has a cooldown timer on the armory, otherwise people would just use it as an excuse to kill everyone inside). Entities disappear when people leave, you can shoot through one way props and through head glitches. We might as well give a small sliver of advantage on the side of the raider. 
- Larry Newman
    Investor
    Entrepreneur
    Veteran Manager

|NC|RP| Aws0me Offline
Owner
I will consider these rules and maybe change some accordingly later.
owner guy

Check out my YouTube and Twitch if you want.

Join The No Cancer RP Discord for updates and more.

Larry Newman Offline
(10-12-2018, 06:01 AM)|NC|RP| Aws0me Wrote: I will consider these rules and maybe change some accordingly later.

I love you
- Larry Newman
    Investor
    Entrepreneur
    Veteran Manager